We’re proud to announce the Critical Social Justice: Baltimore 365 keynote “Baltimore in Action: Always Rising,” which will feature prominent social justice advocates from across the city. Rather than having a single keynote speaker as we did in past years with Franchesca Ramsey and Jay Smooth, we look forward to hosting a dynamic conversation among several of the leading voices working to create change in our community.
Our featured keynote panelists include:
- Rev. Dr. Heber Brown, III, faith-based activist and community organizer
- Dr. Marisela B. Gomez, public health advocate and author
- Tawanda Jones, activist and sister of Tyrone West
- Jacqueline Robarge, founder of Power Inside
- Kwame Rose, social activist and hip-hop artist
- Moderated by radio host Marc Steiner
The keynote event will be held on Tuesday, October 20th in the University Center Ballroom. Doors open at 6:30pm and the keynote will begin at 7pm, immediately followed by a meet-and-greet reception with the panelists. UPDATE: Watch the keynote video!
This event is free and open to the public. If you have questions or need accommodations, please contact the Women’s Center at email@example.com.
Want to learn more about our panelists? Stay tuned this week as we profile each speaker and highlight what you need to know!